BUILDING AN INCLUSIVE CULTURE
Workplaces that successfully adopt and sustain disability inclusive practices are trained well. Based on our years of experience in the disability sector and working one-to-one with individuals with disability, Tangram Business Resourcing training programs address crucial issues and skills.
- Introduction to Disability: basic understanding of disability issues as well as disability/diversity philosophy
- Recruitment, Interviewing, and Hiring: learn best practices on including people with disabilities in your recruitment strategies
- Social Communication: highlighting ways to enhance soft skill supports in the workplace to improve social inclusion of people with visible and hidden disabilities
- Practical Tips/Natural Supports: overview of accommodation and support strategies to maximize job performance and improve experience for all team members
- Fear and Stigma: open and honest discussion of current staff fears and stigma related to working alongside people with disabilities as well as providing solutions to move past the fears
- Neurodiversity: Understanding neurodiversity and the benefits of neurodiversity in the workplace