With almost 30 years of experience in working with individuals with disabilities, Tangram helps your business realize bottom-line benefits by building a disability-inclusive workforce.
Tangram Business Resourcing works with your company to set the corporate culture, target and recruit skilled workers, integrate them successfully into the workplace and establish the ongoing supports needed so that your employees with disabilities can contribute to the success of your organization.
Click on the links below to learn how Tangram's disability consulting services positively impact business profitability and performance.
Use this form to request more information or to coordinate the details of a free consultation.
Assessing corporate culture
Well-planned communication and training helps your business build a disability-inclusive culture with the potential to drive innovation and success. As experienced disability consultants, Tangram Business Resourcing helps leaders of large and small companies alike:
- assess your business objectives, employment practices and corporate culture;
- develop policies and procedures to establish or expand your disability inclusion program;
- review and outline essential job functions and descriptions for recruiting purposes;
- communicate disability-inclusive policies and expectations throughout your organization;
- align recruitment and business processes to support disability inclusion; and
- educate employees at all levels to ensure a fully-inclusive work environment.
Tangram Business Resourcing designs recruitment and human resources processes—targeting your specific needs and audiences—to support the hiring, retention and advancement of persons with disabilities, including veterans.
As an employment network and vocational rehabilitation agency, Tangram Business Resourcing leverages relationships with colleges, community programs and the disability community to provide you with a pipeline of qualified candidates. We also help you establish strategic partnerships in the communities where you do business. And our Workforce Accelerator database is a directory of qualified individuals that we have pre-screened for skills, education and training to match with corresponding job opportunities.
Powered by Tangram’s proprietary technology, Workforce Accelerator is an unrivaled employment-matching database, promoting workforce diversity and success.
Your customized database matches connect your business to a nationwide pool of committed and capable individuals with disabilities and U.S. military veterans who are ready to fill your company’s open positions.
To build incentive planning for long-term sustainability, Tangram Business Resourcing helps you access all potential local, city, state, federal and foundation grants, in addition to available tax credits, for hiring and retaining veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Money from these incentives can be used to support aggressive recruiting efforts, set up pre-training and vocational rehab programs, or develop specific job training and support strategies for individuals with disabilities.
Tangram Business Resourcing provides insight on how your company's internal and external communications reflect your commitment to disability employment and inclusion.
- employee communications
- benefits and recognition programs
- employee handbooks
- company intranet
- job trainings
- customer relations
- sales literature
- promotional events
- web sites
- electronic and social media
the onboarding process
Tangram Business Resourcing helps you create a comprehensive onboarding process with realistic goals and timelines to:
- reduce new employee anxiety,
- allow for easier assimilation,
- establish performance expectations, and
- set the course for career development and advancement.
Tangram's disability consultants structure successful learning environments that support your employees as they transition to their new environment and ensure successful job performance.
Job aids and accommodations
As experienced disability consultants, Tangram Business Resourcing helps you and your employees identify and create reasonable, cost-effective workplace accommodations and job aids for individuals with disabilities.
We train your employees in needed job skills as well as social, communication, and self-advocacy skills—all designed to facilitate behaviors that are appropriate for job success. And we help you develop and maintain comprehensive safety and disaster preparedness plans to ensure the safety and wellbeing of your entire workforce.
To improve integration, retention, advancement and employee satisfaction of individuals with disabilities, Tangram Business Resourcing works with you to select, develop and implement appropriate ongoing supports. For individuals with disabilities, we provide:
- job training
- job shadowing
- social coaching
We offer management and employee training, as well, and develop and implement systems that encourage employee feedback, clear communication and mutual respect. Through our work, we help you realize greater employee engagement and performance benefits that improve your overall organizational success.
Realizing Tax Incentives
One of the benefits of hiring and retaining persons with disabilities and veterans is access to potential local, city, state, federal and foundation grants; and tax credits. Tangram Business Resourcing helps you leverage these financial incentives to benefit your business.
Building an Inclusive Culture
Workplaces that successfully adopt and sustain disability inclusive practices are trained well. Based on our years of experience in the disability sector and working one-to-one with individuals with disability, Tangram Business Resourcing training programs address crucial issues and skills.
- Introduction to Disability: basic understanding of disability issues as well as disability/diversity philosophy
- Social Communication: highlighting ways to enhance soft skill supports in the workplace to improve social inclusion of people with visible and hidden disabilities
- Practical Tips/Natural Supports: overview of accommodation and support strategies to maximize job performance and improve experience for all team members
- Fear and Stigma: open and honest discussion of current staff fears and stigma related to working alongside people with disabilities as well as providing solutions to move past the fears